Congratulations! It's a Boy

Thursday, November 17, 2011

Unspoken Moments

So you know when you are looking at your baby and they look you in the eye for the first time and really seem to recognize you....or when they look at you and smile?? These are unspoken moments of love.  I witnessed a moment like this between Presley and my dad last night. 

I was at my parents house visiting while Don was at work.  I had an opportunity to run out and get some needed shopping done (babys r us & toys r us).  I didn't want to drag Presley along because he is sick and it was raining so I left him with my mom.  I got back to their house just about an hour later and Presley loudly informed me that it was time for him to eat.  Once he finished, he took a quick nap then woke up once the house started bustling with people.  I decided to put a blanket on the floor and do some tummy time.  Within moments of laying on his belly he fell fast asleep and didn't wake up until 4pm!  I guess he was able to get some relief from the congestion and coughing...yea yea I know the Dr's say "back" to sleep, but I couldn't bring myself to disturb him so I let him be.  Once he woke up, I knew he would be hungry, so I made sure to have his bottle ready quickly.  I was right.  He was starving.  Just as he finished his bottle, my dad came home from work.  I immediately handed Presley off to him so I could quickly pack up the car to leave.  And of course, the moment I stepped away he started crying.  I ran to the car bringing the first batch of stuff and quickly ran back into the house to get the next.  Presley was still crying...so my dad began singing to him (and my dad can sing very well)....


"Wise men say, only fools rush in. For I can't help, falling in love with you..."  Presley calmed down, opened his eyes and looked right at my dad.  As my dad kept singing, Presley kept staring at him....it made me smile and brought tears to my eyes knowing how my dad felt... I know it has been a while since my dad has had a moment like this...and I know it won't be his last...


                                  

No comments:

Post a Comment