Congratulations! It's a Boy

Friday, November 4, 2011

Thankful

The past few days for us have been busy.  We have been out and about pretty much everyday.  We have gone out to lunch with a friend and went car shopping, visited with family and gone to dinner with Daddy.  Through all the traveling and being put in his car seat and then taken out again, Presley has been a trooper.  I have received so many compliments from different people on how good he is.  He is just so content and I am thankful for that.

Today Presley and I get to spend some time together at home and watch a little T.V.  While watching the show The Talk, they had a guest and his wife on the show who were on the reality show The Amazing Race.  They were talking about how they felt about being on the show and being away from their children (they had 4).  They said it was difficult (I can only imagine) especially since their youngest was born with hydrocephalus and they think she may also have cerebral palsy.  She is 3 years old and is functioning at about the same as a year and a half year old.  My heart ached for them.  But then they began to say how much they look up to her and how much she has taught them.  They see her everyday and see her amazing strength and strong will to never give up.  How amazing!  That's when I looked down at Presley and begin to realize how lucky we really are and how many things in my life I have to be thankful for. 

I know Presley will one day roll over, and I am thankful for that.  One day he will sit up and hold his head up on his own, and I am thankful for that.  I know one day he will push himself up on all fours and begin to crawl, and I am thankful for that.  I know one day he will pull himself up and begin to walk on his own, and I am thankful for that.  I am thankful for each milestone he may or may not reach.  I am thankful for the smiles everyday and the giggles that are to come.  I am thankful for each and every time he wraps his tiny hand around my fingers and squeezes so hard, and doesn't let go.  Presley has a clean bill of health to date, and for this I am thankful.  Our families have shown amazing support and look they forward to coming along with us on our journey, and for them I am thankful.  I am thankful for all that Presley will teach me on this journey.  I am thankful for the future and all we will go through together.   But most of all, I am thankful to God for my beautiful baby boy I have been blessed with.

1 comment:

  1. Rachel, I admire your strength and your willingness to share this with everyone. You are so right in that we need to take every opportunity, as ignorant as it may seem, to educate and speak of what others may not know or ever understand. Though it is in all of us to 'naturally' compare what's ours to theirs, the love one has as a mother toward their child is incomparable to any other. Presley is God's blessing sent to just the perfect parents because he won't ever lack a thing from you. First breath of life, is the most precious milestone...Now having that, accompanied with all the love, support, dedication and appreciation, he's a lucky little man!!!

    ReplyDelete