Congratulations! It's a Boy

Thursday, November 17, 2011

Presley's First Cold

So for the past week, Presley has been battling a cold.  He has just a bit of congestion in his chest.  I took him to the pediatrician and was told that his lungs were clear (thank goodness) and his nose looked clear as well.  It makes me feel so helpless knowing there is nothing I can do to make it go away or make him feel better.  I will just have to wait for the cold to run its course.  Presley on the other hand is handling it much better than I am.  I am a nervous wreak....He is in good spirits and goes about his day like any other.  The Dr. said as long as he is eating and doesn't get a fever to not worry.  Today he actually had 5 oz of formula with each feeding, and sucked the bottles dry!  I guess I really don't have to worry about him not eating!  Hopefully he gets better sooner than later because I just can't stand to see my little baby sick....
 
Next Tuesday Early Intervention is coming to assess Presley for the first time.  Hopefully they will have some good things to tell us.  I do lots of "therapy" with him daily.  We work on tummy time and work on strengthening his neck by making him look side to side.  I give him massages after every bath to make him aware of his muscles (it also relaxes him).  I talk to him and tell him what part of his body I am massaging.  I talk to him all day long and read to him when I can.  I like to think that what I am doing has been helping.   I guess I'm going to have to wait to see... 

No comments:

Post a Comment