Congratulations! It's a Boy

Thursday, December 22, 2011

A Tough Day

After a long few days of being off from work, I had to go in yet again today.  I woke up before my alarm went off at 5:30 with the anticipation of Presley waking up any minute to eat (he finished eating last night at 10:30pm).  I knew that when he woke up he would be starving so I wanted to get up, eat and get ready before he woke up and I had to stop to feed him.  Fortunately I got to finish everything I needed to do, and even then he wasn't awake.  It was time for me to leave so I picked him up out of the crib, put him in the car seat, put him in the car and headed to my mom's where Presley would spend the day.  He slept the entire ride!  He actually slept until around 8am when I was leaving there to head to work. 

Today was a hard day for work.  I cried the whole way.  I don't know why I cried.  I just couldn't stop.  It's not like I haven't left him before and it's not like today was my first day back.  As soon as I pulled in the parking lot of school I calmed myself down and walked inside.  It wound up that a teacher in Module A (pre-k) was out sick and they needed help and asked if I would.  Of course I said I would.  I got to work with 2 of the 5 kids all day and had a blast.  It's such a different world working with the Pre-K kids than it is working with the 16-18 year olds.  Let me tell you, these little ones are SMART!!!  They knew how to play me .  They knew I wasn't familiar with their programming and tried to get away with whatever they could!  At one point I was walking thru the atrium and fellow teacher asked me how it was going and I said that "he's been trying to pull the wool over my eyes"....would you believe he turned and looked at me and said "I don't know what you mean by that".  I almost lost it.  I had to explain to him that I knew he knew what he was supposed to be doing and that he wasn't.  I told him I knew he wouldn't be acting this way if his regular teacher was there.  So I just reminded him that it was important to be a big boy when he is in school and to do the work he is supposed to....hahaha BUSTED!  Once the kids left, I felt like my head was spinning.  I was mentally and physically exhausted.  All I wanted to do was leave and go see my baby.  I wanted to just hug him and kiss him and not let him go.  I know it will get easier to go to work once the new year comes, but for tomorrow, I just hope I don't cry as hard.

1 comment:

  1. Welcome!! I came across your blog on another DS families blog. Your son is beautiful and I LOVE your heading picture. Makes me smile everytime I look at it. Congrats!